Monday, June 25, 2012

Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened to you

Hello everyone!!! It is beautiful in the Tropical Storm of Sunny Florida!! So rainy it makes me feel like I am at home!!
 
Okay, so the subject of this email is "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened to you". Recently our district leader, Elder Gubler, gave us a talk by Elder Holland titled "Urgency". I have been out almost 10 months (gag me!) and this was for me. The Lord rebuked me. In this talk Elder Holland mentions that this phrase is the most repeated phrase in the standard works. WOW! I knew this, didnt I? Joseph Smith followed this example and we ask people to follow it, then why the heck havent I been? Well Brothers and Sisters, I want you all to know that I repented and I now know that if you ASK God, He will give it to you. Now some of you might be thinking, "Well I dont get what I ask for!" The cool thing is the Lord answers in 3 ways, never no: 1. Yes. 2. Not right now. or 3. I have something better for you.  We have an eternal, loving Father who loves us. If we ask, liberally (freely), He wont upbraided (slap our hands).
 
So with all that......ASK GOD AND HE WILL GIVE YOU!! Need a job? Ask Him to lead you! Want help overcoming an addiction? ASK HIM! Need help understanding His Gospel? ASK HIM!! Need help loving others?? ASK!!!! Want to feel His love?? ASK ASK ASK!!!
 
As a missionary, all I want to do is fullfill my purpose and teach the restored Gospel. I want to invtie people to His church and helpt hem to be baptized and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost. My desires are righteous but I was missing part of the equation. I didnt ask Him. This is His work so He needs to be apart of it.
 
Moral of the story? Ask and then act. Heavenly Father will never lead you astray!
 
Well this week was great! We are working hard!! I love this work! I am so blessed. The things I have learned on my mission i could never learn anywhere else. I know I have a Heavenly Father who loves me, He sent His Son, Jesus Christ and Christ did more for me than I can ever give back. I know of this because I have felt the spirit in my life.
 
One last invite.....if you have a testimony of the BOM write it down and send it to me! Sister Kerns and I are putting testimonies in BOMs to give away! Its way cool!!
 
Well i love you all!!
sister ploth.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment