Monday, August 13, 2012

Longer than usual....

Hello everyone! We have zone conference tomorrow so President didn't send an email and we don't have to email him...so it feels weird to have all of this time.

We were informed of some sad sad news. So sad, that I might cry just writing this. Well our TOP investigator, our 1 baptism we would have this month, isn't in our area. ): For awhile we were told by members that they didnt think it was, but our map and our area book said it was. Sister Kerns had so much faith, but I should have taken the lead and really found out. Gina has been doing great. Reading and stop smoking and all this. She just couldnt go to church because she had a family emergency in Deland so of course her date how to get pushed back. I started thinking that this was only happening because she wasnt under our stewardship. BUT the Bishop and other members saw her address and nobody still said anything, the Zone Leaders even went over and gave her a blessing and nothing was said. So I thought we were good but still something didnt feel right. We thought we would ask our district leader again this morning. Yes, her road was in their area (Leesburg E). I called Elder Gubler this conversation went something like this...

Me: Hey Elder Gubler, we have a refferal for you

E. Gubler: Really?

Me: Yeah. Her name is Gina.

E. Gubler: WHAT?! We dont want it! Are you sure? Do we need to call the mission office???

I love the Elders is this mission. They are so sweet. Especailly the leadership ones. I couldnt stop crying and apologizing to him but of course we didnt know but I still felt bad because I ignored a prompting. I dont know if it was me being selfish and wanting a baptism or just I was so excited because she is so prepared. So we are doing a hand off lesson. All that matters in the end is that Gina found the restored Gospel, not who baptizes her.

As many of you know, I am so hard on myself and being a missionary I am even more hard on myself. But I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Through Him, my pain can be lifted. I can find peace not only in this work but in this life. I know that I am here for a reason. I want to serve people, I want to teach them about the restored Gospel. It doesnt matter whom, I just want to fullfill my purpose and I know that I am. We had an expereicne with a member who asked us if we would ever marry someone who isnt LDS, my answer, "No." I know there are a ton of GREAT people out there. I dont beleive in one person for us. But with the truth that I know of the restored Gospel and the commandment of Celestial Marriage, I cannot afford to be disobedient to the Lord. I have no doubt that I could marry a baptist, methodist, muslim, ect and be happy but I dont want to risk not having children and husband for eternity. That is the power of the Priesthood.

Another cool miracle::
Yesterday morning, we went over to the family of 5 we are teaching, so they could follow us to church. We got there and they were just waking up. Dellan (boyfriend/step father) told us to go ahead, they still needed to get ready, and they will be there. Well sacrament starts, nothing. Sacrament ends, nothing. Speakers....still nothing. I have grow to dislike the word "try" on my mission. I will try shows our lack of commitment, did Christ TRY to atone for us? No, He did it. Well that was what one of the talked was about. The Atonement. So I was sitting there, doodling on the program, thinking of the atonement and all the blessings I see in this great work. When I feel Sister Martin tap me on the shoulder, "Sisters, that family you are teaching is here" YES!!! 10 mintues before sacrmanet endsand there they are!! I couldnt sing the closing hymn, I was crying because I was so happy. The Lord really extends his mercy. Everything is on His timing, not mine. no matter how frustrating it all is, it works out.

So we had a GREAT work. Tons of miracles. And you know what?? Next week is going to be even better!!

love always,
Sister Ploth

Matthew 11:

 28 aCome unto me, all ye that blabour and are heavy laden, and I will give you crest.

 29 Take my ayoke upon you, and blearn of me; for I am cmeek and dlowly in eheart: and ye shall find frest unto your souls.

 30 For my yoke is aeasy, and my burden is light.


No comments:

Post a Comment