Monday, August 27, 2012

Hurricane?!?!

Hello All!!

Well it was back to President;s email, so I am almost out of time. Rats. Its raining a lot and I love it! Feels like Seattle. Everyone here is exciting about that Hurriance or they just dont see a big deal in it. I think missioanries are excited in hopes for some extra sleep. haha.

Well Missionary Olympics was a blast! The Elders were crazy and they loved it. A lot of them said that it was the best district prep day they have had. 10000000000000000 points for the Sisters!! 

I had some pretty cool stories...gimmie a second....okay! So Thursday we got to go to Belleview and do a big church tour with the Belleview elders (E. Pearce and B. Bennett). That was way cool. A group of people contacted the church there and asked if they could come tour, we talked about missionary work and what we do to prepare and what we do when we are out here. it was cool. After the Bishop had a little Q &A and oh my, that got crazy. There was this Rabbi there that got up and compimented the church but then started criticziing about baptisms for the dead, epsecially Holucaust victims, and then some lady got upset about the idea of being baptized under the Priesthood authority. The poor Bishop. No Spirit. The whole time I am thinking of Ephesians (One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism) and how God is a loving Heavenly Father. So I ask the Bishop if I could speak, so I testified of those things. I cant remember exactly (directed by the Spirit) but I want to share it with you all:: I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father. How can I tell specifically, because I have loving Earthly parents. My mom has always told me if I am hoenst with her and communicate with her, even if I am in trouble, she will do everything she can to get me out of trouble. if my earthly mom can do that, why cant my Heavenly Father do that. I know He doesnt want to save just a few people, He wants us all. Just like how my parents want me home and all to themselves...haha. Heavenly Father does all He can, including sending His Son. I am so grateful for that! I am NOTHING without the Atonement of Christ.

Also something really cool. Brother Saurette got the Melchizdek Priesthood yesterday and he was going to give it to J, his 12 yr old son. It was after church and we were talking to some and J and Cody run up to us and pull us and say "Come with us to the Bishop's office!" J wanted us there to see him get the priesthood. Brother Saurette was so nervous! But it was amazing! i love this family so much! they are so special to me and I am so grateful to be apart of their lives!!

Well I love you all!!

have a great week!
sister ploth.

No comments:

Post a Comment