Monday, January 7, 2013

Just do it!

Hello All!!
 
A new year and a new transfer! Big news: Sister Dunford is leaving Daytona Beach and going to Oviedo to open an area and train. Sister Kerns is training as well. So in Missionary lingo, I will be a grandma! Very exciting. The Durr line lives on!!
 
My new companion is Sister Beckert. I was able to spend a few hours with her and Sister Poulsen on Friday when the trainers meeting went on. They planned so I didnt get to do any work with them but I am excited. it seems like everything is in a rut. We are going through investigators like there is no tomorrow. People seem to be intersted but then they relaize the work involved in salvation and they say, oh no thank you. and then we say, "NEVA DOW!" hahaha a catchy phrase from Elder Shelley.
 
We had a recent convert girl move from jacksonville to here. She is from China! She is really cute and excited. When we asked her how she came to know that the gospel was true from a non christian background her response was, "No man with little education can write this. I read it and i felt the spirit." so sweet! She is going to Emery Riddle and has a double major of areospace and mathematics. oh man, right? HEADACHE!
 
We contacted 25 people on Saturday! it was awesome. we talked to EVERYONE! We are really focused on finding lately. I can only pray the Lord will lead us to someone that is prepared. We have a few potentials. I was reading this morning in Moses chapter 6 where Enoch is called (i beleive its different enoch then what other people would think..) and he is like "Uhm....I dont know if I can do this Heavenly Father. I am just kind of average, nothing special. Are you sure?" this is something I often think but then Heavenly Father has this amazing response he says
 

 31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he abowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: bWhy is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people chate me; for I am dslow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?

 32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy amouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.

 33 Say unto this people: aChoose ye bthis day, to serve the Lord God who made you.

 34 Behold my aSpirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the bmountains shall flee before you, and the crivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore dwalk with me.

 35 And the Lord spake unto Enoch, and said unto him: Anoint thine eyes with aclay, and wash them, and thou shalt see. And he did so.

So! The Lord uses us in HIS way, we have to be dedicated. This week relaized that we werent as dedicated as we thought we were. We thought we could do what was asked of us, like contacting 25 people but we didnt KNOW and we didnt show the lord our faith. We have to step into that darkness, steo off that cliff, we just have to do it. THEN after the trials we get the blessings. You might be asking, why do i keep "relaizing" this. I am not sure. Good thing for repentance.

My birthday was good. Nothing special. Just another day. We set a baptismal date. Pretty sweet. Sister Kinkade, Frost, and the Sprouges fed us dinner and got me little gifts and even bought dr pepper but accidentaly got the caffeine one, so they are going to exchange it. haha. We played a round of uno as well. The Elders got me disney chapstick. haha. and sister dunford got me chapstick for my collection. haha I am reallllllyyyyy going to miss her.

Now, off to make this the best 1st week!!

all my love,

sister ploth.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment